If you believe in what JMCM is all about, then please consider how you might be able to support our cause. From volunteering, to sponsoring an orphan's education, to simply signing up to our newsletter and praying for our needs - we appreciate all forms of support!
Although we are grateful for the financial support we currently have, we still live from week to week and at times are caught short without enough money to cover our essential requirements (healthy food, medication and education). We desire not just to survive but to thrive and to expand the work that JMCM does in line with our mission and vision. In order to do that, we need more financial supporters to come on board. If you are willing and able to contribute to our cause financially, please get in touch to discuss the possibilities. Here are some ways your donations could help:
- We are seeking more sponsors to commit to paying school fees for some of JMCM's children on an on-going basis
- We have no means of safely transporting the children and would appreciate provision of funds for a vehicle
- We desire to create sustainable income and become more self sufficient but in order to do so we need sponsors to come alongside us and invest in small-scale business ventures, like our agricultural project.
- In the future we hope to move from our small rented facility in central Kampala, to a large piece of land which we have been given, lying on the outskirts of the city, We dream of building a facility there to house more orphans and provide a wider range of education and health services for disadvantaged children. But lack of funding is currently holding us back. However we believe and look forward to the day when, with the help of others, these dreams will be realised.
We believe in the power of prayer. In fact we've come this far depending on God to provide for our needs from day to day, and that is how we will continue. Please remember us in your own prayers. Here are some ideas of how to pray according to our needs:
- Pray for good health and protection over David and all the children
- Pray for financial provision for the necessities (education, food and clothing) as well as for additional items to further JMCM's ministry (a van, a computer for the children and musical instruments)
- Pray for our future plans to relocate to a bigger section of land and build a new facility there
- Pray that the agricultural project we have begun, will generate a sustainable income for JMCM
We love receiving visitors! If you'd like to contribute practically to our ministry, get in touch to discuss the possibilities. Whether you're just passing through Kampala and are wanting to stop by for one of our ministry sessions, or whether you're looking to spend days/weeks devoting your skills and time to an organisation, we'd like to hear from you! Past volunteers have focused their energies on ministering in schools with music and teaching, improving our facilities through building and maintenance work and creating videos and communications tools to raise awareness about our organisation. Whatever your strengths and passions are, we're certain we can put them to good use and at the same time give you a good taste of authentic Ugandan hospitality and culture.
Subscribe to our newsletter:
Every so often (no more than monthly) we send a concise and informative newsletter to our supporters. Sign up below if you'd like to stay up to date with JMCM's activities. You can unsubscribe any time.